I can vividly remember my first experience at Mt Kenya National Park Chogoria gate. It was too cold every inch of my body was freezing i found myself swearing to never setting foot back but who was i kidding? Am a nature lover,of course i went back too many times that i eventually found myself hiking because every time i went higher my curiosity was aroused.The experience was beyond words,yes it was tiresome,am not going to lie about that(it took me couple of days to recover) but if you love nature,you’ll thank me.Plus the awesome memories of the place beats it all.I still find myself wanting to go back.
You will be intrigued by the beauty of the landscapes,one of the most impressive in east Africa.Just to mention Mount Kenya features ice-capped peaks, outlandish glacial valleys, an array of crystal-clear glacial lakes (Tarns), and a myriad of other attractions. All the featured photos above are from Chogoria route which is considered to be the most scenic if you wish to hike.
- A view of lake Ellis
- Mt Kenya’s second highest peak(nelion)
- A side view of Lewis Glacier
- Olonana which if i may mention is the world’s highest via ferrata at 4985m ASL and yes its in Kenya and Mount Kenya to be precise.
- That’s Simba tarn
- Some directions there. During my hike i spent the night at Mintos hut
- A view of the spectacular Lake Michaelson.This is my favorite lake.A little piece of heaven on earth!!
- A complete view of the lake
- Hall tarns. Hall tarns are a walking distance from Mintos hut and just below them from the hut is the beautiful Lake Michaelson
- Nithi falls
- A shot in the mountains.This particular shot was taken from across road end.That’s me on my way to Nithi falls.
- That is me chilling at Nithi falls
- A view at above 4500M asl
- I took this particular shot up the mountain past lake Michaelson
- Just slightly below point lenana
- Yaaaaas i made it,it wasn’t easy,i won’t lie
- A view from point lenana
- The holy book at point lenana
- Remember me telling you mount Kenya has beautiful landscapes,well these ones next to me are mash room stones.Quite lovely huh!
- A rest was really necessary
- That’s me at lunch point. Just below where am standing are Vivienne falls,the loveliest i have seen so far.Unfortunately the weather couldn’t allow a good shot
- And that should be the last one,a shot i took from point Lenana.
In case you’ve never been to Mt Kenya before,i hope you find these pictures inspiring enough.
Thank you for stopping by